Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: RV Insurance
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 01:47 AM   #12
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
As others have said - it depends...
Had National General for 2 years with this RV... They rewarded my 2 years of on time payments, no change of address (at that point), and no claims or tickets with a 20% increase in the next renewal...
Now with SafeCo for the RV.

Both were direct with the company - not through Good Sams or FMCA.

While there can be benefit to one provider for all insurance needs - haven't been able to do that since getting the RV...
State Farm was my home/auto/liability provider in Michigan, but was absolutely not competitive with RV terms and rates (they admitted wasn't their specialty)..

Moving to Florida (never seen a state with such convoluted insurance - I thought Michigan was bad...) - I now have 5 different insurance companies... will need to consolidate that somehow - but its ugly.
USAA has my cars from when I moved here initially - but wasn't competitive on the RV (they use Progressive for RV policies) - so that remained with SafeCo. When we bought the house USAA wouldn't write a policy in this zip code... Citizens covers the house - but doesn't offer liability limits that meet the umbrella requirements... Gap insurance for that through another company (only one company seems to offer this)... And the umbrella had to go thru yet another company since others wouldn't cover the spread out policies.

Now trying out (unfortunately) USAA's claim handling for a comprehensive claim... We'll see how that goes...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum