Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 12:49 AM   #9
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
On the last 20 minutes of a twelve hour trip the dashboard a/c of my 2017 Thor ACE 29-4 quit blowing cold air. The AC button was pushed in and the blue light was on. The temperature dial was all the way to the blue side of the spectrum and the recirculation button was lit. This was a sudden change, it was cold then suddenly went to outside air temp.
I should mention that turning the temperature dial had always acted differently than any other AC I've seen. With most, the further to the red the dial is turned, the less cool the air would get. On this AC the air was either very cold or room temperature--no in between. When the cold air quit I checked all the dashboard gauges. All looked normal.
We're on day one of a two week Florida vacation. Not looking forward to checking into a hotel while the RV sits in the shop. Any ideas would be appreciated.
In car A/C's the hot to cold temperature switch is actually a thermostat that turns the compressor on and off when the inside temperature matches the dial. In Thor RV's (at least Axis/Vegas) that dial is attached to a flap that is supposed to mix the cold air from the A/C with outside air. Theoretically you should be able to regulate the temperature of the air coming thru the vents by setting the dial so that the mix of A/C and outside air is the temperature you want. However in both my Vegas and Axis it never worked that way. As you indicated, it is always either all off or all on. But unlike a car in the Axis/Vegas, the compressor never turns off.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum