Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 AM   #166
groswald

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
New Front Table and Dead Chassis Battery Fix

I finished this table before Christmas, but just had a chance to take it to the bus. I think it looks pretty good.

It's natural cherry with an oil finish. It's about 1/2 the weight of the original MDF and Formica table.

Also, I've verified a work-around for the dead chassis battery issue several of us have run into. I believe that the radio and a mal-functioning auto shutoff for the little courtesy light are the culprits. If you look at the picture above you'll see the courtesy light. It should have shut off by the time I took that photo.

To stop the battery drain look up under the center console; you'll see these two bundles of wires.

Simply disconnect both. Our Axis has been in storage since Thanksgiving when I disconnected mine. I went down last weekend (2/14) to check on things and it started right up. I'll have to get a clamp-on ammeter and figure out exactly which of the wires are carrying current and then insert an appropriate switch.

Regards,

Randy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.