Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 11:23 PM   #1
jla956

Brand: KZ RV
Model: Venture Stratus SR261VRL
State: Texas
THOR #7966
Howdy from Texas!

We live right outside of the Dallas area and are looking closely at the Thor RUV line. From what I understand Thor makes two separate lines of RUVs - the Axis model and the Vegas model. At first glance it appears that they are almost exactly the same - hopefully some of the forum members on here can tell me the difference between them.

Our son plays soccer year round, both in high school and for a club so we are constantly on the road to games, tournaments, or training camps. We would like to find something that we could throw everything into (mom, dad, son, and two Miniature Schnauzers) and head out to the events.

Some events will be just for the day and the coach will serve as our base of operations. Tournaments might last for two or three days and we would be staying overnight in the coach which would save on motel bills - and kennel bills for the dogs if we had to leave them at home. I understand the Thor RUVs have a generator so we could leave the AC running for the dogs while we were out of the coach.

Back in 2005 we had a new Fleetwood Discovery DP that we kept for three years. We're familiar with RVs but not with anything like these RUV models. They seem perfect for what our needs are right now so I would appreciate any feedback from owners that have these models. Let me know the pros and cons of how these coaches would match up with what we're looking for.

If there are quality issues with these coaches, problems with the engine or chassis, please let me know that too. Can the standard AC keep the coach cool in 100 degree + Texas temps or would we need to upgrade to a bigger unit? How about towing a vehicle - can the frame and engine handle a toad, and if so what size? How about the generator - does it run off of propane or gasoline - what are the service intervals? Anything that you can share would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.