Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #8
KC8RXQ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
If you have access to a decent Volt-ohm-meter, and know how to use it then measure the voltage at one of the RV receptacles without any electrical load on the circuit and make a note of that value. The roof A/C has a nominal voltage rating of 115 VAC, (and should operate on a 20 Amp circuit) and typical operating ranges for electrical equipment is +/-10%. If, when you start and run the A/C, and if it drops below 90% of that 115V value (103.5 VAC) then you should go to a receptacle closer to your main circuit breaker panel without using an extension cord of any size. My personal preference is not to let the voltage drop below 109 VAC (approximately 95%) because I never know what is going on with the local utility's system. As a matter of fact we are at a beach house an I have my Synergy connected to a 20 Amp outside receptacle and I have not measured any abnormally low voltages with the A/C running (13.5000 BTU) and the 6 cu. ft. refrigerator too.

Regards,

Ed L
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.