Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 09:46 AM   #1548
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Dave,
You are right it can work this way but the genie minis have to hook up to a cable from the satellite or from a dtv splitter.

Ive been doing more research on this. Looking at the winegard units. The traveller is $1500 dont know if i want to spend that but its suppposed to be the best
Jerry, Thank You for the monitor info! After what you say I'll probably hook up the reverse trigger but not turn signals, I like the idea of having full screen for backing. I'm also going to cut the cover for my wiring like you did. I have a Ram suction mount that I bought for my GoPro and never used, think I'll try that before going to a permanent mount. If you go to Office Depot they have el cheapo padded carrying bags for computer tablets that would probably work just fine to store your monitor, lots of sizes.

I had the Winegard Traveler on our Tuscany, loved it! Easy to use, push the button, it raises, searchs for the satellites, locks on and done. (Kinda cool to watch it work). With the bigger dish, compared to the dome models, it really pulls in the stations well, and it lays pretty flat when folded.

Personally I had the Direct TV model and loved it, more channels and more features. If I was going to purchase another satellite system the Travler with Direct TV is exactly what I would purchase again. Like you said, not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

BTW, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this retirement thing, pretty great!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.