Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Gps
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #11
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
Any thoughts on the best GPS for Motorhome travels ?
Having had several Garmins over years, we retired our NUVI to car/truck use only when we bought our Axis.

We have the GARMIN RVT ... we used it for the first time a couple weeks ago...it works well. Whichever brand you wind up with...remember to go into settings, to tell it if you want most direct route, or not...and many other preferences/settings. It will take you on the scenic tour if you let it...often, it can be due to construction etc. You can tell it what to avoid and not .
You have several options of what you want displayed on the 'working' screen..
ours does show current speed limit...and it is amazing how it changes at the road sign...the spy in the sky at work !

In addition...I, as the navigator...use Google Maps to clarify things, often...keep in mind...I like Google Maps, as I can go to Satellite view and see exactly what an area looks like. In accition...when cell phone signal fails...
.Garmin is still working. Our Garmin has never failed us in the high country of Colorado.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum