Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 06:12 PM   #1554
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
After months of putting off installing the surge protector that was sitting in the garage I finally got it done! I was originally going to follow Jerry's install and only hook to shore power side before the transfer switch, coach wiring wasn't long enough, had to install after the transfer switch. Took me longer than I thought, spent 30 min cleaning up the crud Thor left, hard to believe someone does such sloppy work! I would be ashamed if I did that.

The 6 gauge wires were really stiff and hard to manipulate in to the connectors. Glad I got it done but wouldn't want to do it again, back is killing me from all the bending over. Going to have to hit the fermented pain killers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2078.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	5394

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2079.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	5395

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum