Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 12:23 AM   #25
mpinva

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Virginia
THOR #4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by vah5708 View Post
Finally the day had arrived!! We picked up our Hurricane 31S today at Beckley's in Thurmont, MD. Very happy with the whole process from the start in March to pickup today and especially how my wife and I were treated. The drive home is about 60 miles mostly interstate and no problems. I was very concerned with what to expect regarding handling and was pleasantly surprised especially when 18 wheelers blew by me and I was travelling between 60 and 65mph and as long as I anticipated the wind push I was fine with the steering corections. Granted the coach only had a full fuel tank, 40% filled fresh water and full propane so lightly loaded. The most impressive was parking. I backed into the spot previously occupied by the 26' TT: It took 1 pass and the a correction to line up in the center of the spot. This was so much easier than backing in the TT. 1st trip is likely weekend after July 4th and then a long trip in early August to Upstate New York either east or west of Corning.
You finally have it! Congratulations and enjoy!

2018 Hurricane 31S (sold)
mpinva is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.