Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Yea, that is a pretty good video. Did you watch his follow up videos? On one, he is on the roof with his tank contraption proving to a nay-sayer that the height of the tank is not an issue.

Actually, this is a project I will likely be doing next spring. As I always overkill every project I do, I bought both the Camco Tornado and the "No Fuss Flush" which was supposed to be made by Valterra, but Amazon sent me one made by Lakeview RV Supply. The Amazon ad says it's made by Valterra, but the packages do not say Valterra anywhere.

However, it looks identical to the one on the Valterra website.

I paid $23 and change for the Camco Tornado on Amazon, and the two parts of the No Fuss Flush cost $22 for the nozzle and (A70) and another $20 for the mounting accessories (A71). The Valterra version is twice the cost of the Camco one, and it still does not include any tubing.

I have had them since early last year, but have been hesitant to drill a hole in my black tank. As well, I originally wanted to mount the water hose flange under the chassis in the same compartment as the dump valve, but this winter at the RV shows, I noticed that many of these are simply mounted to the outside of the rig. So that is what I will probably do.

When it gets nice enough weather, I plan on "spin" testing both, and keep the one that seems to be the most powerful - and sell the other one on eBay, etc.

The Camco's head spins (at least initially before it gets full of gunk), while the Valerra's head is a fixed nozzle with a bunch of small holes in it. Seems the Camco might be more effective... at least until (and if) it falls off while spinning.

Also, I want to investigate the practicality of welding the units onto the black tank using HDPE welding sticks rather than using silicone to glue the nozzle onto the black tank. Only if I can find a cheap polyethylene black tank to practice on... I might have to make a trip to one of the RV surplus stores and find one. Has to be a new one though, I ain't practicing on a used tank.

I'm also thinking maybe a plastic bucket might be suitable to practice on, but I am not sure if the plastic is similar or not.

I've also got a call into Urethane Supply Company... they make several hot-iron plastic welding kits, so maybe one of those would work.

As usual for me... project overkill.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.