Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #3
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z
Did you watch his follow up videos? On one, he is on the roof with his tank contraption proving to a nay-sayer that the height of the tank is not an issue.
Yeah pretty funny. We watched a few of the videos from their channel.

On the Vegas/Axis units the black tank is behind the large door on the drivers side, circled here: (at least it is on our 24.1)

Yes that isn't a storage spot, you open the long hatch there to see the side of the black tank flush with the door. It seemed strange to me for them to put a "hatch" there.
Silly me would think that the dealer would follow the Tornado's instructions and install it opposite the tank drain (the small hatch immediately to the left of the tank hatch). Instead they just opened the panel and installed it right in the center of the tank at the top (at least its at the top like the instructions say!). With it on the side like that there is no room for anything to be connected up to the Tornado when the hatch is closed. I was able to make a water inlet plug fit, though, to at least keep it sealed up when not in use.
Oh well...We used it all last summer whenever we had a full hook-up site. So far no leaks
I also was a bit concerned about drilling into the black tank (even when ours was new and never used) which is why I had the dealer handle it. Hindsight being 20/20 I should have done it myself...sigh.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.