Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 12:36 AM   #14
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Here we go again - Ford truck or Ford commercial vehicles does not manufacture the F-53 motor home chassis. Detroit Chassis manufactures the chassis and sources most of the components from other vendors under contract to Ford Truck. It has been that way since 1998. Everything in the front cap except the instrument panel and steering wheel is not Fords. Thus only the A/C compressor is a Ford sourced product. Thor Motor Coach is responsible for everything in the A/C system except the compressor, but all parts are supplied by outside vendors. Part of the RV dealer's contract with Thor Motor Coach is to repair all defects in a timely manner for 10 years. If a dealer defaults on the contract Thor will remove them for cause. In 2016 several dealers lost the ability to order 2017 coaches due to owner complaints directly to dealer. An RV is not like a car in design or manufacture but more like a custom house. You wouldn't expect the house contractor to repair the house A/C would you?

Once the dealer buys the motorhome, it is their responsibility in all things. Thor Motor Coach's responsibility is to supply parts and information to the dealer as necessary.

Unfortunately, I had a $8,500 accident when my coach had only 2,200 miles on it. The other guys insurance paid for the repair, I took my coach to the local Jayco dealer as the selling dealer is 690 miles south. It took Youngblood's RV three weeks to get the parts from their vendors and from Thor and repair the coach. No problems so far for the next 15,000 miles.

You should pick your RV dealer as carefully as you select you prostate surgeon. Convenience is not an entering argument.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.