Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 01:39 AM   #3
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The waste tanks are under the floor and rely on the heated pads for freezing prevention.

All the fresh water lines are above the floor in a heated space.

How cold does it get in Arkansas where you live? That is pretty south you may be able to get away with using it year round.
Here's the monthly averages over the winter
Month high/low
Nov 62 / 37
Dec 51 / 28
Jan 49 / 25
Feb 54 / 28

There are large stretches of the winter when I don't wear anything but a light jacket, or light down jacket over short sleeved shirts. On the flip side, we can get stretches (week or two) under freezing or even in the teens, but those are few and far between. Maybe once a winter or three winters, we will get a stretch in the teens or single digits.

I didn't crawl underneath, but the black and grey pipes discharge pipes look to be pretty exposed. I guess based on what I've read that can be dealt with by pouring antifreeze into the sinks/toilet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum