Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 01:45 AM   #4
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Here's the monthly averages over the winter
Month high/low
Nov 62 / 37
Dec 51 / 28
Jan 49 / 25
Feb 54 / 28

There are large stretches of the winter when I don't wear anything but a light jacket, or light down jacket over short sleeved shirts. On the flip side, we can get stretches (week or two) under freezing or even in the teens, but those are few and far between. Maybe once a winter or three winters, we will get a stretch in the teens or single digits.

I didn't crawl underneath, but the black and grey pipes discharge pipes look to be pretty exposed. I guess based on what I've read that can be dealt with by pouring antifreeze into the sinks/toilet.
Yeah that is cold enough that you'll have to do some form of winterization--either by blowing out the lines or pumping antifreeze through them (RV antifreeze--its non-toxic). If you have your own compressor that would make things easier as you could blow out the lines whenever you want.

For those nights that aren't that much below freezing you could make do with simply running the furnace or a small electric heater to keep the inside warm.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.