Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 07:59 PM   #9
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by petef View Post
.... I caused damage to my wallpaper because the deb came down at different angle as a few times until I figured it was a lube issue.....
My 34e Hurricane only had two "big" warranty repair issues, (the "little" issues were a missing Thor brand jewel sticker at the door, and a bathroom vent motor replacement).

One "big" issue was the door step which sheared it's main sprocket bolt on the maiden voyage, our very first night, (at Fort Wilderness no less).

The other "big" thing was the front bunk. The Lippert/Shwintec motor and slide mechanism initially started coming down unevenly. I too thought it was simply a lubrication issue, however, when the worm gear metal parts fell out and tore up the right side aluminum rail there was more going on. The motors, worm gears, and rails were replaced on both sides under warranty, (as well as the right side support cable mechanism).

After the warranty repair I received very explicit instructions to always ONLY completely lower and raise the bed at every use. Never to partially raise or lower, and never to stop mid-way in either direction. So far it has worked flawlessly fine a few dozen times heeding these new instructional warnings.

I suspect that these unmentioned explicit instructions might have helped the original mechanism from binding up, and tearing itself apart in the first place.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum