Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #33
XKANSAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Arizona
THOR #8050
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceret View Post
Our 2013 was 33 ft and one a/c kept it cool in 100 degree weather but our 2017 that's 26 ft it struggles even in the lower 90s. Our last had a Dometic and this is a Coleman so my first thought was Coleman isn't up to par with a Dometic. The newer AC units are throwaway units so if one doesn't perform well they just swap it out for another... pretty much luck of the draw! Our 26B has a nice big window in the back that would host a really nice window A/C at some point in the future and the rear bumper makes for an ideal support system as well. Worked on slide in truck campers so I'm confident it will work in my MH. A bit hillbilly but cost effective!
I'm considering a portable unit and venting it through the bedroom overhead fan. Not ideal, but I am scheduled to leave on a 3 week trip early July and this may be my only option. Dealer says new install would take 4-5 days after equipment arrives and that's too late for me to depart on time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.