Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #8
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I've been meaning to get a compressor for things around the house anyway. Would something like this work:

https://www.amazon.com/Bostitch-BTFP...itch+BTFP02012

There are some that are smaller and quite a bit more expensive, but I think that would be small enough to stow if in a bay if I needed to blow them out while on the road. I recall reading somewhere that for tires a relatively high PSI was recommended. Is 150 PSI enough for the tires.

I've glanced through the improved manual (sorry, drawing a blank on the name of the poster that put it together), but once used to doing it, how long would you say it takes to blow out the lines in a Vegas?

Also, if let's say I'm leaving Arkansas and it's cold (maybe in the teens or low 20s) and heading to maybe Florida or the gulf coast, can I warm up the coach, fill up fresh water and turn on the tank heaters and drive away and be good. Or, do I need leave it drained until I get to warmer climates and then fill up the water?

I know it was said the water lines are inside the heated space, but what about the outside shower? I know I read (not sure if it was on a Vegas) about someone who put an internal cutoff on the outside shower so that even if they prime the rest of the system, they can keep water out of the outside shower.
When we took our coach from Michigan to Florida a few years ago: I dewinterized in Michigan (in freezing temps) turned on the heat and took off. If you're in it and its comfortable enough for you the lines will be fine (even the outside shower). I rewinterized when we got home.

Never ran the tank heaters at all--you really don't need to unless you're camping in snow, wind and its super cold out. If you are concerned about the waste tanks simply dump a quart or so of the RV antifreeze into the waste tanks before leaving (and before returning to the cold).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.