Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Storage Cover
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #11
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Also it's difficult to keep them from flapping in the wind and I've seen some considerable finish damage from that. In addition, they will eventually wear through some holes and then water will get in and be trapped possibly leading to mildew and such. After research I've decided to do what I can by just keeping my new MH clean and well waxed and not always parking it facing the same direction at my storage place to keep the fading "balance".
We saw some finish damage on our 5th wheel when we covered it one year right before a wind storm ripped the cover right off and the rig next to ours. Found both covers all entangled up in a far corner of the lot.

So far been lucky with the Axis: Not much, if any, wear and the cover has stayed on (most likely because I only cover it in winter and it gets a good helping of snow on top to keep it on). I do keep the end straps pretty tight in an effort to reduce the cover whipping around.

For us it appears that the cover is only going to last at most 5 years before I have to replace it due to rips & tears and wear.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum