Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #15
MarylandMatt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #7268
Same boat...

I swear that the engineers who design these things have never set foot in them before. I have seen some of the oddest decisions in campers. I had an old Travel Trailer, that had a mount for the TV, so you could move it from inside to outside. Two main issues:
1) The power cord for the TV went into a hole behind a panel I had to remove a lot of screws to get into. I added a power strip behind the TV so that I could power it there and remove it easily.
2) The mount was right next to the door, on the inside of the fold out handle. If I folded out the entry handle, I could not put the TV on, but if I did not fold it out it blocked the mounting bracket. The only thing I could do was fold out the handle so it blocked the door from opening/closing.

I have the 2017 31E, I know that I would love to have better connection options at each TV location, there is no good way to have some central media player or anything else. And for me, there is the radio in the dash that controls audio in the cab and living area, then a radio in the back that controls the back speakers and the outside ones???

I look forward to seeing what Mods you do. We have not done too much, I have been pretty happy with the layout and coach overall.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum