Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 03:48 PM   #147
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
Its just bad engineering and is a pet peeve of mind being a former engineer. It didn't drain at the last campground due to it height being the same as the drain (Flying Flags in Buellton). The valves open up and down direction which is poor leverage being in the back of the small compartment. I had a new 1983 Itasca Phasar which was a low chassis also but had no problems - worked well. The Axis valves work just the height and location are "p" poor. There are a few poor engineering designs by Thor were they just are not thought out. (thermostat being behind the slide wall being another) We still like the coach just "annoyed"
Ran into this problem on our first camping trip . We were in Cape Cod and the sewer pipe at our site was actually higher than the outlet on my Vegas .
We all know poop doesn't flow uphill so I had move to another site with a more favorable angle to dump.
Even at Fort Wilderness I had to unscrew one of their sewer couplers to get a good angle.
I did purchase a Flo Jet pump to use instead of gravity if need be.
It also allows me to dump my tanks at home.
Even the Flo Jet required a 45 degree elbow in order to avoid ground contact.

Poor design for sure but I believe the low design of the Vegas contributes to it's great driving manners.
Attached Images

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.