Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 12:32 AM   #22
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
No, not connected to shore power. I also thought that was strange. I think they pretty much hand build these things so they are all a little bit different. Probably not a good thing.

I also tried to start the generator with the 100 amp breaker tripped and the prime light wouldn't even come on. The Axxera radio in the dash was completely dead, but the Jensen in the bedroom still has the screen lit up. Very weird.
My bedroom radio also stayed on when the house batteries are disconnected, so I put an on/off switch on it. Never use it anyway. That 100 amp breaker should disconnect the house batteries from everything... You're right about the hand built, but it's weird that they would hook the house lights to the starting battery. The first time I somehow tripped that breaker and did not know it was there, I still had a few house lights that worked while on shore power or when the engine was running. It's all a learning experience.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.