Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #10
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas View Post
Thank you for your response. We are brand new at this RV stuff. Any idea why tvs don't work while driving? The generator is off while we are driving. Also do we need to program remote each time we watch tv??
As stated, the provided tv's are 110v - requiring shore power, generator, or inverter... Or you can replace/augment with a 12v TV wired into house batteries.

TV while moving may be challenging... Depends on the antenna you have - I don't believe the 'crank up' units are designed for highway speeds - and will also make you a bit 'taller' for clearance. Pointing the antenna, and range of channels would be interesting.
Use as a DVD player is certainly possible (again it needs appropriate power).

In addition, any factory installed TV within viewing possibility of the driver will also have an interlock to turn it off when ignition is on... My 2000 Infinity had that with the TV just above the doghouse built into the dash.

I added a 12v TV and Blu Ray player to RV that can be used on road (more so intended for when boondocking). Only been used to watch DVD when traveling so far.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.