Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #1665
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
Better check your state laws but the cams that were installed on your mirrors and wired to the dash radios are intended for backing not for use while driving down the road. The trucking industry has tried to get dot to let them use then so that they can make there trucks aerodynamic but they have not allowed them to....
If they weren't intended for use while driving - then they wouldn't engage while in DRIVE with the turn signal on...
Personally I find myself using the side mirrors themselves more than the camera display - but they are there to be used...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The trucking industry wanted to do away with mirrors and replace with cameras completely, DOT said no due to lack of vision if there was a failure....
DOT's response makes sense to me - as I have had multiple failures of the camera system (thank you Jensen - as my last replacement flaked out on recent trip)... While I can get along without the rear camera while driving - if I didn't have the side cameras OR a mirror - would be a challenge to change lanes, etc...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum