Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 04:38 PM   #104
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolo44 View Post
Metalman:It sure is ,that wasn't the problem though. I had the same difficulty as JoeDS posted, but by letting the air out of the tire I was able to wrestle it into the space between the hitch and cross member. Again I'd like to thank mrc1010 for his post I really wouldn't like to have a spare hanging off of the back of my coach.
Now that i'm back from our trip I will tackle this again. I hate to have to deflate though. Because then you will have to deflate to get it back out I suppose. I also believe I will have to relocate the trailer towing electrical plug to get more space.

Incidently I bought the Hitch mount carrier, and it will work, but if you are going on a ferry you might have to pay extra for that additional 1.5 feet. We just went to Newfoundland then Labrador. 4 ferry trips. They charge by the foot.

PS the ferry from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland was an overnight. We got a room on-board since you cant stay with your RV. I was super fun. Large ship, nice cafeteria and dinning room Highly recommend it. The room is almost free since you don't have to pay for a campground before you leave and when you arrive since it takes 8-12 hours for the trip depending on which ferry you take.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.