Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 04:01 PM   #1
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Bad Thumb Cam Locks on '13 class C

Just discovered a faulty issue that I should not be having yet. Just wanted to give you all a heads up to check your latches.

I had my coach in for repair of rot in the back wall. On one of the several calls that it was ready to pickup, but was not really.... I found another issue that should have been addressed while it was there. I found a bunch of water in my rear outside storage bin. CW later said they "resealed, but never found a leak". I figured they likely left it open and outside....

so fast forward, damp in there again, but not nearly as wet.... so I investigate. Turns out, that with the help of my kids who are small enough to fit in there with a flashlight, the thumb latches are leaking. through the obviously failed gaskets

Easy to fix, except I'm a bit concerned about what this door is made out of and if it is rotted from a long term leak.

Anyone know what the door core is made out of? i plan to pull the latch out asap to see if I can verify rot, and also to see if I can just get gaskets of some sort at the hardware store..... (or figure out the maker of the latches and call them)

So of course Thor tells me to take a number
and CW won't do anything to grease the skids. Have to make an appointment, coordinate getting the coach out of storage and to them, probably wait weeks for them to order the parts, etc.... ugh....
I really don't want to buy a dozen of these things.
and I also have a few other equally as easy issues, that if they would just send me the parts I would have done over a beer or two.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.