Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #6
patnoib

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #5440
Foamy Water Eventually Goes Away

I just experienced this as well before our first spring trip. After being winterized over the winter, I sanitized our fresh water tank using bleach per the ratios in the owners manual. I completely filled and flushed the tank twice with clean water (and run it through all of the faucets for some time)before we left for our trip, but noticed the water was still foamy. After about 3-4 days of camping using both a combination of city water hookup and fresh tank water, it eventually cleared up. I suspect it just takes awhile to get all of the bleach/residue out of the hot water and fresh water tanks (I'm sure driving helps to get more stuff off the sides of the tank walls, too). Try to run as much fresh water through your tanks as you can until it clears up. I used our tank water for showers and cleaning dishes, and bottled water for cooking, brushing teeth, etc. until the foam went away.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum