Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
KC8RXQ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
Leak from overhead amber marker lights... and then something new!

The leak.
You know it puts a real damper on things when you spend two really nice days at an RV park only to find water on the driver's seat the morning you have to leave. The water evidently came from leaks around one or two of the overhead marker lights which migrated to the driver's side area. We dried things out inside and during a lull in the rain showers I went on top and applied narrow strips of Eternabond tape around the bases of all the lenses. We drove through some heavy rains on our wat to Birmingham and haven't seen any more leake but we are at a campground for the evening and will see how the repair holds up since it's raining again/still/more! Oh well, the rain should wash off the salt spray and the bugs😞

The "something new".
One thing I did notice, when I was investigating things, is that there is not one bit of insulation in the cabover cap. Is that typical for Thor's Sprinter Class C's? I only have the Synergy brochure and it doesn't give any indication of insulation whatsoever between that front fiberglass cap and the interior "liner".

Thanks for any feedback and we really do enjoy "Ming" even with all of its peculiarities.
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum