Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 02:40 PM   #27
6jsgrandma

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Nevada
THOR #7769
QUOTE=nosticks;69800]More mods. I installed a Winegard Pathway X1 Satellite dome on the roof and ran new cables to the two receivers. I left the factory cable and over the air antenna in place. The most fun was running the cables. It took two days of punishment to accomplish. Most of the time was spent procrastinating over where to drill holes. Part of the time was affixing band aids to my bleeding forearms from screws and sheet metal shards encountered everywhere.

I removed every drawer and access panel plus the microwave to gain access to existing wire routes, some of which were used. A side benefit was that it allowed me to remove half a ShopVac of manufacturing debris from all the nooks and crannies throughout the coach. I now have an ample supply of multi-colored square head screws. It also exposes the "quality" of workmanship. If anyone with a 29fe wants to do this, I can save you some grief by providing some detail as to where to run wires and drill holes.[/QUOTE]

My husband would like your tips,on how to install a satellite. We bought a portable King satellite from Camping World when we bought our 29FE because it supports Direct TV, which we have at home and had in our old class A. Thank you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.