Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 03:43 PM   #23
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
When I put the 5-Star on our Super Duty I was fully aware that it would never be a Diesel. Just wanted to eek out that little extra performance--besides the real benefit of the 5-Star tune is the transmission shift point modifications.
I can understand the desire for better shift points when using cruise control, or anytime for that matter when in hilly or steep terrain. I can control my own shift points pretty good with the gas pedal and no cruise. The biggest downfall of the gas engine is going down a 6% or better grade. With my diesel the engine braking would hold me back to a desired speed, with this V10 in tow/haul I still have to push a little brake once and awhile to take some speed off. I suppose the 5-Star Tune could help that a little but I am fine without it. I know to stay off the brakes enough so they don't overheat.

Being a part time RVer the performance of the V10 just isn't a huge priority to me. I will spend money on suspension upgrades to make my rolling turd handle better but it runs "okay" for me right now.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.