Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 06:03 PM   #17
Budman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Certainly one of many considerations...

For 'four down' - the towbar itself isn't light - but can often be left attached to the MH (or toad depending on type).
With a towbar that allows for 'unaligned' vehicles to connect/disconnect - then 'four down' should be easier on back/neck to hook up...

Personally I think it is easier than wrestling with straps around tires, etc... been a while since I've done so..

BUT... the towbar won't get both your motorcycle and toad there... and of course many vehicles can't be flat towed.
Yea I didn't mention the tow bar since I already have a Blue OX aluminum telescoping arm type. U can leave attached to the RV even when not in use. So, unless removing or installing I only will be picking up half the weight of an arm since other end still attached.

So far I have pretty much known when I need a toad, bike, or both. But we have rented cars when needed both and that has only been 2 times in 5 years.

I need to replace my wife vehicle so I can pretty much buy what is needed. As far as both, I have considered a small pickup like Ford Ranger class. But they quit making and not too many PU's on toad lists. Or, they are the full size truck which puts us higher that weight limit will work. Thx, Dennis.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum