Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 11:24 AM   #19
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Now that I officially have a deposit down, I want to start making a list of what and when I want to do certain things. I'm probably going to limit some work until after a bit of a shake down period, so I don't confuse add on work with factory defects.

A few questions.

1. I believe this answer is yes, but it's only alluded to in Ed's manual. There is an automatic transfer switch to have the generator start if you lose shore power. Correct? Since I see no mention of an auto mode in the manual, I assume it will maybe be an auto switch on the generator itself.

2. If I wanted to temporarily use small inverter(s) for temp use, are there any 12v plugs in the bedroom area (25.3) or would I have to have 12v plugs installed to use portable inverters (or even the 12v adapters available for things like Cpap machines)? Does the USB plugs in the bedroom output 5v or 12v (or autoswitch to either one)? If 12v, is there a USB to 12v cigarette type plug adapter (even if so, not sure what the amp load issue would be)?

3. If I opted to swap out the inside TVs with 12v varieties, is there an easy way to get them power? How would I go about wiring them in?

4. What about powering direcTV receivers with 12v?
1. No auto gen start on the Axis/Vegas units
2. Don't know about the 25.3 but if there are any look by the TV--I believe our 24.1 has a 12V socket near the rear TV
3. See #2
4. Don't know.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.