Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 01:39 AM   #9
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I can't understand why you would need an extension cord.
the other things you list are good I think.
& I always suggest staying at the dealership and doing what you propose. I think I would even stay a second night nearby, with a standing appointment in their service bay the following day....just in case.

The rest I think depends on your mechanical aptitude, rv experience, etc....
If you know how to use them, I would add things like multi-meter, and infrared thermometer &/or quick read thermometer.

I even brought along a battery load tester and a hydrometer....except they had the thing plugged in (charging) when i showed up so I was unable to test teh batteries. I did unplug form shore power and tried everything on battery (and there was enough charge held to trick me....
For what it's worth...assume the house battery is bad. They sit on the lot, lights get left on, over discharged and sit drained for long time....

I crawled under the coach, I switched on and off everything. tested the water pump system, the city water system, the water heater, the furnace, the AC, every light,..... everything. Filled the tanks, checked for leaks, etc.... checked the fridge on LP, checked it on AC, checked it with the generator running...
I crawled on the roof, asked questions, and took pictures.
Every switch, every system. About the only thing besides the battery I couldn't thoroughly test was the cable tv inlet...just because they didn't have it there to hook up.

Even still... I still missed things. I found things that first night in the campground that I didn't see.

Honestly for the trip home, you'd need linens and paper plates, toilet paper.... maybe a broom....not much else...mnost all of it you could pick up once you're there are walmart or a dollar store

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.