Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #8
mckenzy

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8001
Quote:
Originally Posted by karwask View Post
OK, good. I'm doing this solo and have never camped in any type of trailer or RV before. It's been great to have all of the support and good company of the gals who are part of RVing Women (Oregon Chapter.

One other thing about sheets is that using an existing flat queen will probably mostly work for the main bed as well as the dinette bed (though likely to be a bit short) unless/until you decide to buy or not and invest in a specially made one that actually fits.

Keep me posted on your experience and decisions too, if you would like.

Inquiring minds want to know
Hi, I've been reading this forum for a while now. I, too, will be a solo Rving woman with my Portuguese Waterdog, Willie. Have narrowed my choice down to an Axis or Vegas 25.2 (or possibly go a bit smaller with a 24.1) and eventually will tow a Honda Fit. Will be ready to buy right after beginning of 2018 so hopefully prices will come down a bit. Looking at a 2016 or possibly 2017 if I can get a good deal on a slightly used trade-in. Will retire in March, sell my Boston condo and all my belongings and hit the road indefinitely. Will end up in the southwest. I'm excited and scared to death (but that won't stop me!). I'm just not very mechanically inclined, but I guess I'll learn!

Thing I fear most is something breaking in the rig and not being able to fix it or costing me a ton of $$, but that's all part of the game, I guess.

I have so many questions.... like on the 25.2 with the rear slide out bed, how do you get up on the roof since there's no ladder?
Is there really enough room between the kitchen and dining table at the sofa since that doesn't slide out? I'm hoping I can buy a new table top, like the rectangle one that came in the first year's models that goes between the captain's chairs. Not really keen on that little round cocktail table, but that's a minor issue.

As far as sheet fits and sizes... I have that problem with my bed at home and hate to have the fitted sheet come loose. I tried a bunch of different sheet holders, and these are by far the best. Easy to use and really do anchor the sheet under the mattress quite well when the sheet doesn't fit well to begin with. Called Bed Bands on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Bed-Band-Asse...s=sheet+straps

Any 25.2 owners out there that can offer some nifty insights?
Cheers! Mary

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum