Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #1694
David1912

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #6007
Solar panels and solar controller

I'm taking delivery of 2019 ACE 29.3 on 7/10....have speced out a 3 panel, 150w each system with Blue Sky Controller and IPN monitor. As phase one of my work I am not upgrading the stock batteries or standard, 1000w inverter. I sought ideas and help at the Brian Boone FB group, and Brian himself plus a tech peron at Solar Biz.... part of my arrangement with my selling dealer is he's throwing in 5 hrs of labor as part of my purchase price.

My coach is said to be 'solar ready' which I'm pretty certain means a 10 guage wire (probably undersized for my panel setup) is routed from the roof to the battery compartment...if anyone with a 2017 29M or similar unit can share what prewire setup they have I'd appreciate knowing...including what type of connector box (if any) is on the roof .

My goal is to 'test drive' what I can do with just the stock batteries (2) and 1000w inverter.....we plan to boondock only a couple of nights at a time...so maybe the 1000w inverter with occassional use of the generator will do it for us....if not I would consider upgraded batteries and a larger inverter... I must admit I'm going to a fair expense for my setup but I'm viewing the cost as an intriquing project...hey, I'm a retired engineer....

Some might think I am going about my project backwards...that is why not start with bigger batteries and inverter....then, add solar later. At this point I'm committed... I have my kit of stuff on order..

Thoughts of all of those in the group would be apprecaited...if you are interested in solar I do suggest you take a look at Brian Boone's group...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.