Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 01:09 AM   #8
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
Based on all the reading I've done, I'm compiling a list of upgrades/purchases/checks I plan to perform before, during and after delivery.

It also includes my plan for how I will attempt to find as many issues as possible (how to get them resolved is a whole different story) before I take any long/meaningful trips.

I would appreciate input on the list, and also hope that it will be useful for others that are taking the same journey. I'll update the list as I add additional items, and as I complete them (after I take delivery of the coach in the next month or two). Since I don't think this forum allows editing your own posts, I'll post new items in separate posts and periodically repost the full list.

1. Install a 30/50 Amp RV shore power connector at home prior to taking delivery

2. Purchase Circuit checker/surge protector to use when connecting to RV camp shore power (is there inline surge protectors to use early on and then eventually install a hardwired one???).

3. PDI based on Ed’s list and issues discussed in threads here (I’m starting to compile list of additions based on issues people have had that are not in Ed’s list).

4. In motion DirecTV antenna (likely installed by dealer or someone dealer arranges and checked during PDI)

5. Spend minimum two nights on the orientation/delivery pad at dealership having any post PDI issues addressed while still there.

6. Sealtech Leak check (am going to try and get one at MHSRV, but regardless will get a second at a semi local dealer as soon as I can get an appointment). I can roll with most punches, but water intrusion is my biggest concern.

7. One or more simulated camping trips while connected to home shore power

8. Multiple short, close to home shakedown cruises. A night or two, 30-60 minutes from home. Primary purpose is identifying problems and will be prepared to pack up and head home if any big issues arise (except for undrivable coach of course).

9. Garmin dash mount RV GPS

10. Remove mattress over cab – store items such as pet fencing (two standard poodles)

11. Need Sirius radio, but haven’t researched best option as I don’t think Vegas radio has it built in.

12. Whole coach (ideally) water filter

13. Gel/memory foam mattress topper (ideally something that is very cool for the wife).

14. Install AGS – still researching brands/options. I want one that when put in auto mode will come on when shore power goes out, and go back off when shore power returns (operating like a home/business transfer switch). Ideally, it would also come un if not connected to shore power and batteries drop below a certain level.

15. Bigfoot Auto leveler (installed at factory – will also be considered short shakedown cruise)

16. Roadmaster steering and suspension enhancements (installed at factory – will also be considered short shakedown cruise). Still researching sway bars, Sumo springs, etc. So, haven’t fully decided on only Roadmaster vs. other suspension upgrades.

17. Roadmaster invisbrake, baseplate and tow bar (Jeep Wrangler – probably installed at semi local dealer, but then hopefully checked by Roadmaster when I go up for other items – unless I opt for suspension upgrades other than Roadmaster)

18. RV School driving class (or another, if anyone will return my request for information)

19. After coach is loaded and had above mods done, I will get an alignment done (sooner if driving seems to be an issue – obvious alignment issues).

20. Footrest for wife in passenger seat (remember seeing a wooden one a member on here made, will look for that and do something similar)

21. Soundbar for front TV and possibly bedroom TV (based on what I’ve read, this is needed to easily hear over road noise and AC noise)

22. Oilless compressor small enough to carry, high enough PSI do deal with tires. Want ability to blow out lines on road if needed traveling from moderate to very cold areas.

23. Cell booster

24. Wifi booster

25. ATT/Verizon hotspot (possibly ZTE mobley and unlimited data, if it can be powered and run when RV engine is off – base power comes from OBD port)

26. Extra CO detector in bedroom area

27. Genturi (maybe)

28. Oxygenics or similar showerhead with on/off button inline (plus either sliding bar for shower head, or install a couple more of the stationary holders at different heights).

29. Spare wheel and tire (possibly carried in towed jeep and on trailer hitch mount when not towing jeep – will also do more reading on undercarriage mounts members on here have done)

30. TPMS/Tire temp system (have to research, no clue on options right now).

31. Pet camera – Canary, Piper NV or similar

32. Temp humidity monitor (separate of what’s built into Canary/Piper) that will notify on increase of either

33. Towel bar in bathroom (probably a double)

34. Aims (or other) inverter with built in transfer switch to power TVs and select outlets (need to map outlets to see if this can be done with the single output from the 1200 sine wave. I will choose between 1200 or greater based on physical size, as I would like to install it behind the power panel in the 25.3

35. Sanicon or similar macerator (not 100% sure I will do this, but leaning towards it)

36. Solar panels – 300 watt most likely (will not do until I’m clear of dealing with any leaks and major new coach issues and after I find an RV mechanic/installer I have confidence in).

37. AGM or Lithium batteries (not sure if I’ll do this before or after house batteries fail – room for a third, doesn’t look like it, which is where Lithium could be a big upgrade)
By the time i got to 37 i have started to rethink the whole idea of buying one. Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum