Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 02:35 AM   #10
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
By the time i got to 37 i have started to rethink the whole idea of buying one. Thanks.
The other coaches I was looking at had most of these things as standard or options. They were also going to be $25-45k more. Two things that the Vegas has that I have not found another coach have is a large shower (I won't use a campground shower, and I'm not a small guy) and a walk around bed.

Two things I've come to realize in knowing other people with RVs and researching it from quite some time:

1. RV quality sucks. Doesn't matter the brand or the price, you are going to have problems and have to except that if you want to own an RV.

2. Owning an RV is about compromises.

In my case, I'm buying a coach that's far less than I was originally planning to spend and it doesn't have many of the things I planned to get as factory standard or options (AGC, Inverter, auto levelers, in motion satelite, solar, etc.).

So, for me, the vase majority of this list isn't "musts" but "wants" as GMC indicates. The fact that the Vegas is far less than the Nexus or Phoenix Cruiser or some other coaches I had planned to get means I have some room on the "wants." Now, that comes with a cost, literally, and that is my add ons will not come back to me in a trade the way the higher base price of a coach with these items as standard would.

That's why some of these things I'll hold off on until the wife and I have lived with the Vegas long enough to be convinced it's a coach we will be happy with for a while. I wouldn't want to do most of these items only to trade it in on a new coach in 18-24 months.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.