Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #39
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
exactly what I would love to do.
I know that many argue that it's simply not that big a deal to let the tank indicators fail and go on visual indicators, or learn how long you can go....
I just hate the idea of having something installed that doesn't work. It really bugs me. I could never install a new panel and leave the old 1/3-2/3 lights in place.
I'll bet you're the same way.

right now I have on my list of things to do to trace out the LP indicator..... the dummy lights read full, while the mechanical gauge indicates the real level down to 1/4 where I refilled it. I need to get time to dig into it. Don't need the lights, but it bugs me that they don't work.....
Yep, I am exactly the same. In fact, my monitor panel has an unused switch for a 120V water heater element, and two blanks for the tank heating pads, as I don't have those options... that bugs me, so much so that I am thinking of adding those functions.

My wife thinks I am crazy.

I tell her since I am retired, I have nothing else to do.

As for the tank level not being a big deal... I can assure you if you have an overflow, it isn't pretty. This happened once on one of my boats where the tank overfilled. Of course in a boat, if the tank overfills, it's much worse as it goes directly into the bilge rather than on the ground.

Even so, I like to keep from overfilling the tans in my RV, if not for anything else than environmental issues, not to mention "bubba" and his clan in the RV parked downhill from me at the campground.

Between the holding tank dumping and rinse, as well as the Siphon 360 roof vent I installed for the black tank vent, I have not had any smell issues at all in the bathroom of the RV. Again, this was a big issue in boats and boaters continuously have to fight against those odors.

In the boating world, there is an industry expert - Peggie Hall (she calls herself the "head" mistress), that knows everything about marine sanitation. She is not only a consultant to the marine industry on sanitation issues, She started a marine sanitation company which eventually became part of Raritan. I corresponded with her a couple of times over the years via email. I even bought an autographed copy of her book.

Long story short, I like to educate myself when encountering such issues, and marine/RV sanitation is so exciting (not!). But when we were at the boat dock, we had one of the few boats that did not have a stinking head. And so far, we have had no stink issues in the RV (at least from the bathroom)... due to my odor management skills

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.