Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #1706
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Couple of more items from our trip.

The new 9" monitor is fantastic!!! I changed the view to full screen rear, in the heavy Houston traffic is was amazing. Even though there are posted speed limits I've come to the conclusion that people in Texas drive at whatever speed they want. I could look in my mirror and there would be nothing, seemed like as soon as I turned my head around someone went flying by. Traffic in Galveston was heavy due to the holiday, the view on the monitor made changing lanes and merging in traffic much easier and safer! The addition of the monitor has turned out to be a great mod, now I just need to add a better camera!

Just before leaving I changed the engine oil, used 5W-30 Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil. Normally I set the cruise at 64-65, this time I set it at 62-63. The first 4500 miles I was averaging about 7.5 mpg, on this trip I averaged 9.2 mpg. I have a ScanGauge and get my mileage from it, since I have the generator running it would be difficult to get an accurate mpg from gallons and miles driven. Amazing what a couple of mph and better oil can do for mpg. Even though I didn't buy my coach for mileage, obviously, the difference in mpg is pretty significant! My new cruise control settings will pretty much be 62-63 from now on. The total trip distance was a little over 600 miles, temp in mid 90's, some stop and go traffic in Houston and Galveston.

I do have the 5 Star tune on the coach but have made a couple of trips with it and was at the 7.5 mpg average. I will say the tune difference is very noticeable. Shifting pattern is better and quicker, acceleration from a stop and when merging on the freeway is much better. The 5 Star isn't cheap, but considering the differences it made, I would absolutely buy it again.

HAPPY 4th of July to everyone!!! Hope you have a safe and great holiday no matter where you are!!! Please remember the men and women in uniform that paid for our freedom and the police officers who work hard to keep our streets safe!!!

Our best wishes to everyone on the forum! Dave and Myra

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum