Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 06:59 PM   #31
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
The easy button is two cords

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKANSAN View Post
Could you please expand on your process about how you ran power to the added unit? I am wanting to put an addition 13,500 on our A.C.E. 29.1 and am a little perplexed on how to power the second unit. I was hoping to find a pre-routed 12/2 wire in the area of the power vent, but am not holding my breath on that. Thanks so much for your help.
If you search this forum you will find several threads that discuss this. You can easily add another A/C unit (we did) but to avoid the huge added expense of upgrading the generator and panel to 50 A you will have it run off of it's own cord. You should be able to bring a long cord (20-25 feet, check the electric charts for max length, then go shorter)from the unit to the bottom of the coach. We used a channel already in the coach for the original A/C ducts and then dropped it down to the basement.
You cannot run this A/C off the generator or your electric panel, it is a separate electric connection. If you boondock off your generator this won't help you, but it will be the fastest and quickest way to go if you regularly overnight with electric hook-ups. I purchased a 50A to 30A & 20A splitter on Amazon and use it when there is no regular 30A and 20A on the electric post. This mod probably saved my marriage!!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.