Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 02:47 AM   #11
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Ok, based on some more reading (including comments from posters), thinking and discussions with wife, a few alterations to the list above.

1. I think we will hold off on the in motion satelite. That is a big investment, considering I'm not sure how much we will watch TV and at home, we almost never watch live TV, nearly always watch the DVR unless it's breaking news or something. Instead, I'm going to experiment with a ZTE mobley for some streaming, and a SkyStream One streaming box, which not only will allow streaming, but I believe will let me download Amazon/Netflix (some)/Vudu content while at home and then watch on the road. In hindsight, it does seem crazy to put that money in up front until we know for sure the coach will be something we will like. So, as long as I have a way to distract the wife on long drives, then I'm good without Sat for a while (might change my mind if we are at a park on a Sunday and I can't watch my Broncos).

2. Thanks to 2 Trail Hiker's thread and video, I plan to do the Aims inverter install sooner than later. The one circuit he powered gets the two TVs and the four outlets around queen bed, which is what I need. Downside (mostly) is that it will also put the fridge on the inverter, so will need to be careful of that.

3. Also from 2 Trail's thread, along with comments and posts/threads from others, I'll install dynamat in the doghouse and likely engine compartment/firewall.

4. Leaning towards ordering a magne shade. I'm hoping I get some ETA on delivery, since that will be much more beneficial in July/August in Arkansas than mid-September on. If it looks like my delivery won't be until closer to Sept or later, than I'll probably hold off until the spring (again, confirming we think we will live with this coach for a while before making the investment).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum