Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 01:44 AM   #16
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
Now that I have the problem taken care of or at least for now... what are some of the things that might make this trip.
Don't think you've gotten answers here because it is difficult to tell...
The simple answer is you exceeded the amp draw of the breaker... maybe it wasn't fully seated and vibrated... I would just be guessing.
If it happens again - I would be more concerned and start chasing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlm View Post
We have a Thor Ace 30.2 and had the same problem when we disconnected from shore power. The motor battery was also dead. Does anyone know what would have caused the motor battery to lose power? I thought they were totally separate.
The battery systems are separate - sort of... They do get (conditionally) tied together for charging - when on shore/genny power or from the engine alternator. There is either a BCC - battery control center - or a BIRD/Trombetta that provides this function. Ed's Vegas manual has a good description of the different systems...

Everything working as it should - coach battery switch in 'USE' position, the batteries should have been connected and charged while on shore power.

You said you had the same problem as Halibut214 - yet his batteries weren't dead - he had a tripped breaker... So perhaps a better description of what you found would help?
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum