Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #7
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots and wings View Post
Does anybody out there have experience comparing the quality overall between these two brands? Also, The Mercedes diesel was a powerful engine and I am concerned whether the Ford 350 in my new Thor will match up.
If you thought the MBS was "powerful" you'll likely change that thought once you experience the V10's power because that is a tiny diesel at roughly 40% less power comparatively in both HP & TQ. Certainly there's a MPG cost to that choice and the 10 likes to spin at higher RPMs. However the lower cost and easier to find servicing makes up for at least some of that.

FWIW... The MBS was what we were looking for a few years ago and I found its power to be lacking (frustrating) for mountain travel especially when near max GCWR.

Out of the box (new) the sprinter chassis handled better than the Fords hands down. Since I've had several E chassis, I knew they just need tuning to handle well with the weight they carry.

It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts once you get a chance to drive your new rig.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum