Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #21
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddlm View Post
All were dead. The emergency start that uses the coach battery to start the engine did nothing. I'm baffled why both sets would be dead. After a jump start and the 7 hour drive home it seems everything is working fine now.
I don't know how long your coach sat on "shore Power" before your chassis battery was dead, but the chassis battery will discharge below the voltage needed to start the engine. How long that takes depends on the battery, coach and battery drain. That being said, if the coach was on shore power, it should have kept the chassis battery charged. If the chassis battery is now charged after your drive home, I would plug it in at home and see if your shore power is actually charging both your house and chassis batteries. If not, there are a variety of different reasons why it may not be working. If it is, it may have been a problem with the shore power or something that you have already corrected and I agree with gmc, chase it if it happens again.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum