RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:22 PM   #4
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hi,
When I am on shore power or running my Gen the inverter will go into pass through mode,

If the inverter is in pass through mode does that effectively remove the inverter from load concerns, being able to run say the air, microwave, water heater (on Elec), Hot plate or what ever while on shore or gen power?

My question is will running the Air, and what ever else put the inverter in overload or cause other problems?

Thanks
Don
Since you mention 'pass through' mode - it implies a transfer switch built in to the inverter... The capacity of that transfer switch is a limiting factor - as is the circuit breaker feeding the inverter...
These limits will be whether you are running on the inverter - or shore/genny power.

And remember - the AC power can always fail - dumping whatever load you were running onto the inverter...

If you don't intend to use it with the air conditioning, then I wouldn't wire it to the inverter output... Don't know which particular inverter you are looking at - but to power multiple existing circuits with an inverter, ideally feed it with its max capacity circuit on the AC side - of course your 12v power, and run output to a subpanel - moving any circuits you want controlled from the main panel to the subpanel...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.