Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 06:24 PM   #7
Murph

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Class C 31L
State: Illinois
THOR #7768
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I think that washable stuff gets flimsy as it gets old. Mine did the same thing

I just happened to be able to grab some pictures of mine

This is one of those cut to size filters from the hardware store
like this one, except I'm not sure of which filtration level I bought
Web 25 in. x 30 in. x 1 in. Eco Plus Adjustable FPR 4 Air Filter-WP2530FPR - The Home Depot

I'm pretty sure the little clip rings came with the filter, meant to clip the filter element to the black grid
As you can see I clipped them through the AC's diffuser grill

I mentioned this to you before, but for others' benefit, I would suggest not getting a very high filtration level. I found that mine restricts airflow a bit more than I'd like.....and yeah, I can see it's a bit dirty now

Anyway, my suggestion is to get some hardware cloth or something similar, along with some new filter media that's just a bit stiffer then the old stuff and zip tie it like mine is....
I like what you have done.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum