Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrophy View Post
Hi,

I have a 2016 Chateau 31L. and have a TPMS - front tires inflated to 75 and back tires inflated to 85. I have read many discussions on tire inflation and found this great article. However, it involves weighing the RV and adjusting tire pressure per weight.

Have any other Chateau 31L owners weighed their RVs with typical load? wondering what you set your tire pressure to.

Here is the article:

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-tips/how...re-in-your-rv/

Thank you!
--jeri
The recommendation to weigh your rig is because everyone's 'typical load' is different... Setting your tire pressures based on someone else's weights could at best give you a harsher ride - or at worst have insufficient pressure for the weight and result in tire failure.

Adding the gear, gas, water, propane, and people you would normally travel with - and getting an actual weight is the best/safest way to do it..
CAT Scales (what i used and pictured in the article linked from your post) charges about $15 - at least when I last weighed in. Takes only a couple of minutes... There are 3 'platforms' - front axle on first, rear axle on second, and any trailer/toad axles on third.

My RV weight varies by the type and length of trip I take... For a 3+ month trip 'loaded for bear' - I am near max weight... (only know that from weighing it...) For a weekend near home - significantly less... (many tools stay home... less clothing, food, general stuff...)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum