Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:38 PM   #1726
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Ok got up early to beat the heat. Its Sumo Spring install day. Only installed the front and it took about 1 1/2 hours which included clean up.

I started at 830 removing the old bumper stops. Real work started when Dave, Sundance, arrived to supervise at 900. I then raised the front end with the leveling jacks. Installed the drivers side first. Pretty easy job but i credit my supervisor. Drilling took a bit but i used old drill bits. I bought a new 7/16 which the instruction called for but to use it would mean to lower the axle. I left the axle raised and use the bracket as s guide. 3/8 bit worked great and the top bolt went on with no problem.

Started on the passenger side. Got the sumo bolted to the leaf spring. At this time my buddy, Jaime that owns the fleetwood that i helped install his safe t plus and rear track bar shows up. I drill the upper bracket hole. This side is harder to bolt on. The bolt goes in no problem but There is anothet bracket blocking the inside if of the sumo bolt so it was hard to attach the nut. Supervisor gets involved and we lose the nut for a few minutes. Jaime finds it and he bolts it down.

Jaime was happy to contribute. I was hoping Dave and i would be done before he showed up. On well we were close to finishing.

As usual Dave goes home sfter the job is done. He never lets me buy him lunch after working.

Jaime and i do a test run eat.

We did a little city driving and went in and out of several parking lots. Definately makes a difference in driveways. No more rocking.

Some time next week ill try to take it on the freeway to see if i can feel the semi as they get next to me. If i cant do it next week it will be in a few minth when dictor says im clear to drive after my surgery.

Enough typing geres a couple pics.

Jerry

Attachment 5675Attachment 5676Attachment 5677Attachment 5678Attachment 5679Attachment 5680

Well done Jerry!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.