Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 12:29 AM   #11
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Chance is right. Get a quick read thermometer or an infrared one works too....
measure the temp at the intake and compare that at the discharge. Probably not at the end of the duct, but the one right out of the AC. If you have roughly 20 degree F drop, then the AC is doing about all it can do. Some may be a little more or a little less....

I have read that this is also about all you expect the average RV unit to cool down the house too.....so if you are in the desert at 100 degrees, the house will only cool down to around 80 or so. You'd think it would keep getting cooler and cooler, but that is offset by the heat loss through the poorly insulated walls, windows, etc...

I have verified that mine does around a 20 degree delta, but I haven't really logged what sort of temps it will maintain in various ambient conditions. I'll say this....on a hot day in the sun such as last year at a beach campground we stayed at for example, if the house is already hot when we turn the AC on, it won't get cold till night. If the AC is running in the AM and really gets the house cold, it might struggle to keep up but it stays more or less comfortable.

Mine is a 15,000 btuh Mach 15

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.