Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 02:49 AM   #7
petew

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
nice find.
I had the same idea about a golf cart, then my Father in Law gave us his.... I fixed it up but I never really wanted to deal with a trailer.
Besides that, the golf cart wouldn't be usable a lot of places. It would need to be street legal and licensed in many places, and even then some places it wouldn't be allowed even then.
The electric bike idea is perfect and those look like nice ones!
The big down sides to me, besides price, are security, and leaving that expensive thing hanging on the bike rack out in the weather.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing how they work out for you. Hope you post some pictures, how the look on the back of your rig, etc....
Good points .
I have already figured to buy a good U lock with cable for each bike . Plus the Hollywood rack I am looking at comes with a lock system to keep them secure when on the back of the RV.
As for the weather I think a good large BBQ grille cover and some bungee cords will do the trick. If not I have a friend that owns an auto upholstery shop , I'm sure he can whip something up.
I'll have to do a little measuring to get a handle on that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.