Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 07:20 PM   #3
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I replied to you dup post over at rvforum.net, with pictures
short answer though, for folks benefit here.....

I did it. Onan sells switches, even panels complete with light and one with hour meter....You can find them on ebay as I recall......but I just pieced it together. Much cheaper. Turned out well and very useful. The only thing missing is the ability to control the house AC so that I don't have to kill the genny with the AC running

Anyway, I put a momentary switch and small light on the panel down by my left knee. The panel popped right off, and I found that the black plastic well down under the door popped out easily too. Ran the wire down there, fond a place to pass the wire out just behind the driver's seat, and back to the genny. Easy job and I did it at a beach campground while enjoying a beer and having fun.

4 Conductor 18 Gauge SJTO Type Oil Resistant Power Cable ordered from ebay, about $18 for 25 feet of it
Cole Hersee 58027-04 Marine SPDT 3 Position 2 Blade Momentary Rocker Switch also from ebay, $9.95
PLB6-R ATI 6mm 1/4" Red 12V LED Metal Indicator Pilot Dash Light Black Body....yep from ebay, $6.45
picked up some crimp on blade connectors and such at the hardware store.
Oh, and I ordered some label plates from Legend-Plates.com...less that $10 for a nice touch to make it look like it was meant to be.....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum